You are here: Home DOCUMENTATION information SBASIC Manual - Page 4

Technological Arts Inc.

Your Shopping Cart

Your Cart is currently empty.

SBASIC Manual - Page 4

Article Index
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
Page 28
Page 29
Page 30
Page 31
Page 32
Page 33
Page 34
Page 35
Page 36
Page 37
Page 38
Page 39
Page 40
Page 41
Page 42
Page 43
Page 44
Page 45
Page 46
Page 47
Page 48
Page 49
Page 50
Page 51
Page 52
Page 53
Page 54
Page 55
Page 56
Page 57
Page 58
Page 59
Page 60
Table of Contents
All Pages

     SBasic User's Manual     SBasic Version 2.7              Page 4
     Printed:  December 5, 1999

     Version 1.3 fixes bugs in code generated for certain uses of peek()
     and peekb().

     Version 1.2 changes the assembly source for variable references.  SB
     now creates variable references with unique labels, rather than as
     offsets to the varbeg address.  Added support for inline assembly
     language, through the ASM and ENDASM statements.  Added support for
     the ASMFUNC statement, used to define SBasic entry points into
     assembly language routines.  Cleaned up the code generated for POKE
     and POKEB statements; handles literal target addresses more cleanly.
     Fixed bug in POKE and POKEB statements; older versions compiled bad
     code for multiplies in the second argument.

     Version 1.1a fixes remaining bugs in the code generator regarding
     arrays.  It also fixes a nasty bug concerning operations such as /
     (division), mod, poke(), and pokeb().  The code generated for these
     operations was bad if the result was stored into an array element.

     Version 1.1 contains fixes to the code generator regarding arrays and
     the ADDR() function.  In particular, the code generated for array
     references is much tighter.

     I removed the error message for labels that are defined but not
     referenced.  This made developing modules of code too difficult; if
     you mistype the name of a label, you're going to get other errors,

     I added the SWAP command, to make it easier to deal with multiple
     items on the data stack.

     Version 1.0 follows a long succession of beta releases, spanning many
     months.  In 1.0, SBasic finally reached a point where, like it or not,
     I had to call the project done, at least for now.

     Version 1.0 supports single-dimension arrays, as well as math
     operations in constant declarations.  These features, added to those
     already existing in the previous beta release, constitute what I
     consider to be the bare minimum for a final system.

     At this point, however, the code generator is getting kind of fragile,
     and needs to be rewritten.  This is a large task that I won't take on
     easily, but I'll continue to support SBasic for bug fixes.